Who We Are
Children's Choice Pediatrics is a private practice located in Stow, Ohio. We see patients from birth to 21 years of age for physical (well) and ill appointments. We are seeking an experienced nurse practitioner or physician assistant to work under the supervision of a physician.
The nurse practitioner or physician assistant will augment the physician's ability to provide patient care services by scheduling, supervising, and/or conducting diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; independently participate in the delivery of direct patient care within the scope of authority granted by the State Board of Medical Examiners; collaborate with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; and provide physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families.
Requirements, Education, & Training
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with a Master's Degree (or higher), pediatric experience, excellent bedside manner, understanding of physiological and pathological basis of disease, clinical skills, knowledge of immunization schedule and administration, medical teamwork, multi-tasking, good listening and verbal communication, and health promotion/ maintenance.
Applicant is required to have computer skills (or be willing to learn) the following platforms: Mac/ iOS devices and Electronic Health Record Systems (Practice Fusion).
- Assess patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determine abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Document patient care services by charting in the patient’s electronic health record.
- Perform therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
- Instruct and counsel patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provide continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develop health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.