Who We Are
Children's Choice Pediatrics is a private practice located in Stow, Ohio. We see patients from birth to 21 years of age for physical and ill appointments.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to assist physicians and patients. This position promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; supervising assigned team members.
Requirements, Education, & Training
Registered nurse with clinical skills, good bedside manner, infection control, nursing skills, physiological knowledge, knowledge of administering immunizations, medical teamwork, multi-tasking, good listening and verbal communication, health promotion and maintenance. Will need to provide licensing credentials and certificates upon request.
Applicant is required to have computer skills (or be willing to learn) the following platforms: Mac/ iOS devices and Electronic Health Record Systems (Practice Fusion preferred).
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.